Register for Canada Olympic House Today!Register Online
Purpose & Mandate
Canada Olympic House (COH) primarily serves as the “home away from home” for the family and friends of Canadian Olympic team athletes, coaches, support staff, mission team members, sponsors and special guests. The idea behind COH is to create an oasis of “Canadiana” within the Olympic host city that can be a meeting and social hub for those linked with the Canadian Olympic Team. It also serves a number of corporate and private functions for the COC as well as Canadian National Sport Federations during the Games, and is ideally located in the Olympic Park.
An Olympic Games is more than an experience for athletes alone – many family and friends decide that this is the “one” Games that they want to experience with that athlete. COH provides a structured way for these family members and friends to engage in the Olympic experience.
The House is also integral to sponsor activation initiatives from corporate partners of the COC, providing interactive opportunities and brand profile for sponsors with Canadians attending Canada Olympic House.
Finally, Canada Olympic House serves as a key media site for the Canadian team, including COC athlete medal celebrations, and interview opportunities. It is the primary site for hosting of the Canadian Olympic Committee’s special guests, both from the government, sport and corporate sectors. Location:
The Olympic Park in Sochi will be a unique venue which for the first time in the history of Winter Olympic Games unites main ice arenas and the Central Stadium for ceremonies, to deliver the best possible services for both spectators and athletes. Also another first is the offering of Hospitality Houses within the Olympic Park.
COH will be located at the heart of the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games within the Olympic Park. Click here to download a Map to Canada Olympic House.Advantages that guests of COH will enjoy by being placed inside the Park:
- Convenient railway communication with Sochi and airport
- Proximity to the spots of cultural and entertainment programs for the participants and spectators
- Closeness to the Games partners exhibition halls and stands
- Neighbouring with the Central Stadium, competition venues, IOC and Olympic club offices; Main Media and Broadcasting centers and Coastal Olympic village
Working HoursCOH will be open every day during the Olympic Winter Games (February 7 – 23, 2014) from 10am-11pm. Times are subject to change pending competition schedules and special events.
Guests will have access to a multitude of products, information, services and resources. Canada Olympic House operations will consist of the following:
- Light meal service
- Snacks and beverages throughout the day
- Complimentary internet lounge
- Service/concierge desk
- Local telephone numbers for immediate and practical information staffed by bilingual staff and volunteers
- Athlete medal celebrations
- Special sponsor, government, national sport federation and partner events
- Dedicated special events for athletes and their family and friends, including Opening and Closing Ceremony celebrations
- COC Corporate Operations headquarters
Access to Canada Olympic House
- Family & Friends should pre-register via the COH Access Database here
- An access team of volunteers will manage the registration desk